Is there such a thing as "Cyber Overload"? End Note was so difficult for me. I just don't think the way the computer works. It doesn't seem to make sense to me.
However, Hershel Walker can astonish everyone with his 48 y.o. fitness level and surpass 20 year olds, then I certainly can learn to do this. I loved the ability to search through databases. I remember the Dewey-Decimal systems and microfiche and the tediousness of the task. I loved setting limits, rather than having to read through an article, abstract etc,. Initially I came up with a handful of articles. I practiced different limit settings to provide enough articles to glean the information needed. How nice, with a click of a mouse, to alter a listing. The tutorials were very helpful to learn searching tools. However, EndNote was another story. After hours of requesting help and finally calling EndNote, they were able to assist me. They said Windows 2010 often has some problems associated with EndNote and cannot update as of yet. I'm sure this would not be a problem for a well-seasoned user, but for this novice it was not good!!! Even Jean LeBer did not know of these issues. She thought they had been solved. I was not able to upload EndNote Web on my computer, and, again, was told it was because of the software. Nonetheless, I've learned much in the process and am looking forward to having this become a tool for research. I'm writing a research article with two other professors in other states who use EndNote. This knowledge can now allow me to make a better contribution to our project.
Were you able to search your question in the National Guideline Clearinghouse or Google? Your blog should reflect you experience with these search options.
ReplyDelete