Friday, December 3, 2010

Module 6 Blog "What have I learned?" --Good question

I fall into that group of people that never was required to use a computer (I did my Senior college papers on an IBM selectric).  Returning for my Master's brought me up to speed with DOS 3.1 (What a disaster).  Still having never taken a computer class I brought a new identity to the word "hacker".  I have muddled along for the last 15 years with "cyberanxiety".  Not knowing how to fix anything or having anyone close by to assist me, I was afraid to branch out and try new things.  It seemed everything I did turned out horrible.  My friend told me I had "bad computer karma"!!!  I've been comfortable with Word Perfect, email and thought I was amazing when I learned to add attachments.  Because I am self employed there was no need to "come of age".  I have wanted, for the last few years, to really learn how to utilize the computer respectfully.  My children will need my assistance and I knew I needed to learn these things.  As hard as this has been, I have less stress and am willing to branch out and try new things.  I still loose items into cyberspace somewhere, but I don't have to take Valium to fix the problem any more. 

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,
    You seem to have grown and gained new knowledge, no more "bad computer karma". I have enjoyed reading your blogs and you have done well! Nice job! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete